2010 ACR Summit for Leaders
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
8:00 am – 12:30 pm
L’Enfant Plaza Hotel, Washington, DC
This Summit will provide leaders with an interest in philanthropy an opportunity to learn about the 2010 political landscape and hear from experts how to effectively use public policy to advance core values of philanthropy.
I. The Congressional Agenda Through 2010: Implications for philanthropy
Congressional staff will explore what Congress is likely to focus on this year and the implications for the philanthropic community.
- Panelists: Coming soon
II. Philanthropic Freedom and Responsibility: What can be done to protect it?
A panel of experts will discuss policy initiatives that could be effective to assure that individuals and foundations retain their right to contribute to the charities of their choice, in a time and manner they deem effective.
- Elizabeth Boris, Director of Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- Peter Frumkin, Professor of Public Affairs and Director, RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service, Lyndon Johnson School of Public Affairs, University of Texas
- Wendy Garen, President and CEO, Ralph M. Parsons Foundation
- Marcus Owens, Attorney, Caplin & Drysdale and former Panelists: Coming soon
- John Tyler, General Counsel, E.M. Kauffman Foundation
- William Schambra, Director, Bradley Center for Philanthropy and Civic Renewal, Hudson Institute (Moderator)
III. Why Civic Engagement in Washington Matters: You can make a difference.
A panel will examine how you can make an impact on Capitol Hill and deliver a message that will resonate with lawmakers.
- The Hon. Robin Hayes (R.-N.C.), former U.S. Representative
- Jonathan Gallagher, partner, Gogerty Marriott
REGISTER by phone: 202-822-8333
The Summit for Leaders is held in conjunction with Foundations on the Hill (FOTH), hosted by the Council on Foundations and the Forum of Regional Grantmakers. We encourage summit attendees who are eligible to participate in FOTH to visit www.foundationsonthehill.org for more information and registration. FOTH attendees must register separately.